New features in Version 2.14 of CalculiX (check the documentation!)
- Update of the CFD code for laminar compressible and incompressible flow.
- Convergence criteria for networks were changed.
- Coded the ADD=STRAIN FREE option on the *MODEL CHANGE card.
- Improved the stress target function for sensitivity analyses.
- Introduced the AMPLITUDE=RAMP and AMPLITUDE=STEP parameter on the *STEP
- Coded OVERLAY on the *RESTART,WRITE card: restart files are overwritten
to save space.
- Coded structural damping (*DAMPING,STRUCTURAL=) for element sets.
- Changed the meaning of CETOL on the *VISCO card (cf. documentation).
- For pre-tension sections the normal is automatically calculated.
- Now different amplitudes in different directions can be used for
concentrated forces in local coordinates (so far only possible in the
- In contact calculations positive copen values are not set to zero any
more (i.e. gaps are shown by positive copen values.
- Removed some errors for the membrane elements; added examples in the
- The expansion fo 1d/2d elements into 3d is written to standard out.
- Detailed description of the sensitivity code.
- Temperature error estimator.
- Real and imaginary part of the energy for cyclic symmetric frequency
- Selection of S (stress) automatically triggers the calculation of the
stress error. Can be avoided by a subsequent selection of NOE.
- Viewfactor file was changed: now the CalculiX version is added and
checked at reading time.
- CalculiX does not stop after each detected *ERROR in the input
deck. Rather, the program continues until the complete step is read,
lists all *ERRORs and stops only then.
- calcheatnet: allows for user-defined heat input in user defined
- fricheat: allows to calculated the heating due to friction.
- Updated cgxCadTools written by Pascal Mossier:
Sets are generated when colours are applied to surfaces or volumes. This
sets are named by the rgb fractions: rgb
- The in-build programming language is somewhat simplified since constant
values are now supported. So far any value had to be initialized with a
'valu' command. Now constant numbers like '-1' or strings can be used
- Creation and manipulation of Datasets are supported.
- The animated deformations work now as well for the cylindrical system
- Changed or extended commands:
- copy: The 'normal' transformation was added.
- ds: Datasets can be created.
- ds: Dataset parameters can be changed and created.
- ds: node results can be re-calculated using an exponent.
- elem: Shell-elements can be created based on element-faces.
- elty: C3D10T added (te10t).
- enq: The search in cylindrical coordinates did not regard the
circumferential position so far. The syntax has changed and
allows now the specification of the circumferential position.
- flip: Inverses the orientation of a set of elements.
- if: Constant strings and numbers are supported.
- move: The 'normal' transformation was added.
- node: Values can be defined or redefined on the current active
- send: Write the current state in a special file 'init.fbl' which can
be used in other sessions to get the same view of a second model.
- swep: The 'normal' transformation was added. Good to create a layer
of thin elements on a given mesh.
- valu: Constant strings and numbers are supported. Therefore there is
no longer a need to define a valu for every number or string.
- while: Constant strings and numbers are supported.
- wsize: The size of the window can be set even in batch mode as long
as this is the first command!
- New commands:
- init: This command defines the window and model size, the model
position, rotational center, fonts and others.
Back to previous page